Digital Smile Design is one of the emerging technology in dental surgery. Digital dentistry is revolutionizing the dentistry industry. Technologies like Artificial Intelligence and machine learning is helping dentists to design smiles in minutes. In this article, we will talk about a few of such interesting tools, which are powered by AI.
If you are thinking of a cosmetic makeover or a full mouth of dental implants, then you are at the right place. Before we review some of the best smile design software, first let us understand What is Digital Smile Design?
- What is Digital Smile Design?
- Benefits of Digital Smile Design
- How Digital Smile Designing Works?
- 5 Best Smile Design Software
- FAQ on Digital Smile Design Software
What is Digital Smile Design?
Digital Smile Design is a technique that is used to design and modify the smile of patients by using only images and videos and help them to visualize it beforehand by creating and presenting a digital mockup of their new smile design before even their actual treatment starts.
Benefits of Digital Smile Design
Digital smile design offers numerous advantages by using only photos and videos for simulation. Here are some of the benefits of DSD.
- Awesome Predictability
- Motivation to Patients
- No manual errors
- Effective collaboration
- Easy to Operate
How Digital Smile Designing Works?
Digital Smile Design Software will help you achieve a perfect smile that suits your face and personality. Leveraging the digital smile design software, dentists can now improve design accuracy, boost communication with patients, and enhance predictability.
Digital Smile Design Tool uses photos, videos, and mock-ups along with the patient’s dental and facial proportions to get details like gums, lips, and teeth to create a perfect smile. In this article, we will explore the best software options available in the market that help you to design natural smiles.
5 Best Smile Design Software
Here we have discussed the 5 best smile design software to create new smiles. The first and one of the most widely used tool is the Dental Treatment Simulation or DTS Pro.
Dental Treatment Simulation is one of the simplest and quickest dental simulation software powered by Artificial Intelligence. DTS is a useful tool for an everyday dentist to give their patients a smile they want to achieve. It said that a picture is worth a thousand words and using the images the dentist can propose the dental treatment.
Based on the patient’s smiling requirements and features the practitioners can design a smile that can delight the patients. The tool allows the patients to plan their dental restoration even before the start of dental treatment. DTS replaces the use of traditional and time-consuming manual processes.
- Realistic Natural Simulations within minutes
- Powered by Artificial Intelligence
- Digital smile designs for the desired personality
- Quick and easy dental restoration
- Tooth Whitening
- Extraoral changes after Orthodontics/Orthognathic surgeries
- Different types of braces
- Orthodontic Tooth Movement
- Replacement of missing tooth/teeth
- STL Overlapping
And all of this in a quick time using simple photos!
2. Planmeca Romexis® Digital Smile Design
Planmeca Romexis® Smile Design can design a new smile in only 3 minutes for any patient. The software is ideal for smile simulation and dental restoration treatments. You can install it on both Windows and Mac, and it does not require any supporting software to function. Use this intuitive tool for quickly designing a perfect smile.
- Easy to install and use to design a new smile in minutes for a patient.
- All necessary tools in one software and it doesn’t require any supporting software
- Showcase the expected results and allow adjustment as per the patient’s requirement
- Allows patients to design their own smile with many options
- Easily export smile designs projects to any CAD/CAM software
- Cloud transfer service for maintaining the digital smile database
- Available for macOS and Windows operating systems
3. Smile Designer Pro
Smile Designer Pro is an ultimate tool for dental practitioners to design smiles for dental patients. By only using the images you can create the desired smile in a few minutes. The realistic simulation enables you to offer customized smiles and makes your patients excited about their smile transformation.
The software is developed using the digital smile methodology. The automation tool reduces around 90% of manual work, minimizing dental treatment time. Within 10 minutes the patient gets the desired smile based on their personality. You can improve patient satisfaction by providing them with the smile they deserve.
- Real-time smile simulation for effective dental restoration
- Easy to use and provides quick smiling solutions
- Full automation assistance for smile design projects
- Personality driven plans with superior accuracy and efficiency
- CAD/CAM overlay features
4. 3Shape Smile Design
3Shape Smile Design is one of the most exceptional smile design software available in the market. The tool is built based on Digital Smile Design principles. The smile design software helps the dental practitioner to create entirely esthetic smile designs based on the patient’s critical requirements.
Using the 3Shape Smile Design software, you can work on 2D image and draw the suggested restoration. Instead of using the older way of drawing and designing 3Shape allows you to create smiles directly from the patient’s photo. The tool involves patient engagement from start to end which makes patients delighted about their dental restoration plan.
- A smarter and simple to use smile designing tool
- Easy and completely guided workflow
- Patient excitement as they are involved throughout the transformation journey
- Provides a faster way to achieve desired outcomes in no time
5. Exocad Smile Creator
Earlier, getting a smile that suits your personality was a daunting task but with software like Exocad Smile Creator designing a digital smile became very easy and straightforward. The software involves the creation of personalized images based on the patient’s identity and facial orientation.
The tool allows dental clinicians to design a smile based on the patient’s emotions, behavior, self-esteem, and identity. The typical workflow involves the identification of patient’s characteristics, design, and implementation.
- Predictable results for your restorative treatments
- Massive library of numerous natural teeth
- Seamless communication among dental labs, dentists and patients
- A 3D tooth set up for providing the personalized experiences
- Fast and easy to use. No extensive knowledge or training is necessary
- Creator generates realistic result previews based on patients photos
Digital Smile Design is just not a philosophy or concept, but it is a reality that improves the appearance of a smile. With the smile designing software, dental practitioners can help their patients to get better outcomes and dream of having a perfect smile.
We’ve listed some of the renowned digital smile design software that can assist in designing your smile. As per the research, we found that Dental Treatment Simulation or DTS Pro is the best smile design software as it is found to be inexpensive and most accurate which is powered by artificial intelligence.
We hope you found this article useful and informative. For more information please refer to the FAQ below.
FAQ on Digital Smile Design Software
What is Digital Smile Design?
What is the best tools to design digital smile?
There are various tools available for creating the digital smile but one of the most used tools is Dental Treatment Simulation.
How does Digital Smile Design Software Works?
The digital smile design software uses photos, videos, and mock-ups along with the patient’s dental and facial proportions to get details like gums, lips, and teeth to create a perfect smile.
What is the price of digital smile design software?
The smile designing software are available starting from $50 dollar. Check pricing.
Please feel free to contact us, we will help you choose the right Digital Smile Design Software
Editorial Staff at Technical is Technical is a team of tech writers. Our aim is to make technical pieces of stuff easier for our tech and non-tech readers. We cover tech news, smart gadgets, and emerging technologies.