If you have started blogging and want to promote your blogs or website then this blog is for you. If you have not started blogging, you should first read how to start blogging.
For those who don’t know what SEO is- In Digital Marketing, SEO is one of the modules or techniques to market your business online. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is a technique of ranking your business’s website/blog on top of the #SERP (search engine results page) organically (naturally) to drive more traffic.
- As much traffic comes that much chances to increase brand awareness as well as business.
- SEO’s work is to bring a particular website on top of the SERP organically.
- To get the top rank, you need to do a process involved in it properly.
There are three elements in SEO –
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
In a nutshell, technical activities, which are done for the website’s proper functionality to improve UX, speed, look, indexability, linking which ultimately affect ranking, is called Technical SEO.
Technical SEO is all about optimizing the site for:
- Crawlability- Ensure that the content is crawlable by checking that you have submitted the sitemap in google search console.
- Indexability- Google periodically checks for new content by crawling bots and index your new post/pages automatically. If you want to index right away go to the google search console and enter your link and ask for index.
- Links(internal & external)- You have to maintain both internal links and external links in your post so that the google bot feels that you made good research on the topic and you have more such content on your website.
- Mobile-friendliness- As most of the people like to use mobile compare to the laptop/desktop, you must use a theme which is responsive and mobile compatible.
- Page load speed- This where you need to be more cautious, low page speed leads to lower traffic to your pages and ultimately poor ranking.
- Redirects- Avoid redirects as possible as it consumes more bandwidth.
In one-page SEO we try to optimize the page in front-end. You can use SEO plugins like Yoast SEO or Rankmath to do this, they provide a very nice details on-page SEO performance. For example, take a look at the Rankmath dashboard here:
- On-Page SEO is about optimizing web page’s content to make it rank on top of the SERPs:
- Optimizing the title, URL, & content according to the keyword on which we want to rank.
- Keyword research is a very crucial part of SEO – So, need research and selection according to our objectives.
- It can be done using some free and paid tools. For beginners, free tools are enough.
- We need to create unique and very informative content for users if you want to rank on top of the SERPs.
- Need to optimize according to Google’s algorithm ranking factors to get ranked on top of SERPs.
- In short, activities we do on the website/page to optimize it is called on-page optimization.
The activities we do out of the website/page to rank on SERPs called Off-Page SEO.
- The objective of doing off-page SEO is to build the authority of the website/page.
- It can be done by building links to the website/webpage.
- In other words, off-page optimization is nothing but the process of acquiring backlinks to a website/webpage.
There are few more technique of doing Off-Page SEO:
- Guest Posting
- Blog Commenting
- Forum Posting
- Press Release
- Blog Directory Submission
For more information on off-page SEO, you can checkout the blog from Neil Patel- The Ultimate Guide to Off-Page SEO
It has now become very essential to perform on-page, off-page, and technical optimization. With SEO you can achieve a lot more, with a proper strategy in place you can rank your web-pages in top 10 of google search result. Thank you for spending time reading this article, we hope you got to know a new thing today. If you want to learn in detail about blogging you can check our blog on HOW TO START BLOGGING?