So first thing first. Let’s start with Why. Why do you want to know How to Start Blogging? Let me guess? You have researched a lot about blogging on google and how people are making money by just setting up a website, writing a few blogs, and boom. Let’s see how you can also achieve the same. I have put my experience of how to start blogging in these 7 easy steps. Let’s start learning, before that answer the following question.
- Step 1- Select a Profitable Niche
- Step 2- Buy a Cool Domain Name
- Step 3- Buy a Superfast Hosting
- Step 4- Setting up your blog with SiteGround
- Step 5 – Setting up WordPress Themes and Plugins
- Step 6- Installing Themes and Plugins
- Which is the best theme for me?
- What to look for before buying a theme?
- How to Install a New Theme?
- Which Basic Plugin to Install?
- How to Install Plugins?
- Step 7- How to Write Your First Post (Tips and Tricks)
- Bonus- Free Blog Monetization Tips
- FAQ- Starting and Monetizing a Blog
Why do you want to learn blogging?
Blogging! Let me tell you, this is not that difficult to achieve and every one of us can easily crack this. If you are really passionate about blogging and you are clear about your goals you can definitely learn and earn.
To those who think, blogging and writing is not my cup of tea. This is not a rocket science friend, it just requires careful planning, a thoughtful strategy, and a good amount of patience. (Top Secret)
So, let’s come to the point. This blog is dedicated to the guys who want to learn about how to start blogging, who want to know how to build a website and make money through blogging.
Hang on with me for at least 10 minutes from here, I will tell you the 7 easy steps on how to start blogging.
7 Super Easy Steps to How to Start Blogging
Here we go, but before going into details of each step, I want to quickly introduce you guys to 7 easy steps of how to start blogging.
Step 1- Select a Profitable Niche
(This is where you need to really work hard this will consume more of your time, remember you are selecting a niche which can be easily monetized)
Step 2- Buy a Cool Domain Name
(Ensure that you are buying an easy to type and read domain)
Step 3- Buy a Superfast Hosting
(Well, this is something very very important, If you really want to rank higher, you would need superfast hosting like SiteGround )
Step 4- Setting up Your Blog with SiteGround
(A step by step guide from buying a domain to setting up your hosting account with SiteGround)
Step 5– Setting up WordPress
(We will see how to install and use WordPress)
Step 6- Installing Themes and Plugins
( Which themes and plugins you should install, don’t go with free themes, if you really want to succeed you need to invest something, so better buy a premium )
Step 7- Writing your First Post
( Now you are all set to write your first blog, wait before that you need to do some research, don’t just blindly post- It requires extensive keyword research about your niche, you can use tools like SEMrush)
Bonus- How to Monetize your blog?
(We will discuss in detail on various monetization options like AdSense, affiliate link, paid ads, sponsored ads and many more)
If you are with me, let’s deep dive into each step of How to start blogging in detail.
Step 1- Select a Profitable Niche
Many of you wondering about what is a niche? A niche is an exclusive topic that you will be writing mostly. For example, traveling as a niche- In this niche, you will be dedicatedly writing about traveling in detail.
Selecting a profitable niche is so crucial step when you start blogging. You must find a niche that can be easily monetized or in simpler words, you can make money out of it. Niche blogs are special in nature and hence chances of being ranked higher are more. You can also easily get AdSense approval for showing ads on your blog post and earn money by pay per click.
What is AdSense? -To those who docent know anything about AdSense- It is google programs for showing advertisements where google allows you to put google ads on your post and then if anyone clicks google pays you for that.
Tricks for Selecting a Profitable Niche
In short, I would suggest,
- Pick a niche that appeals to you.
- Select something you are interested in so that you will not lose interest in the long run
- Select a niche that has greater potential in terms of trending keywords and lesser competition
- Create your own strategy by researching top-performing blogs
- Always stick to your niche don’t post any other topic, you will lose traffic
Step 2- Buy a Cool Domain Name
Let’s come to the step 2 of How to start blogging.
What is a domain name? A domain name is named by which your blog will be known in the world of the internet. Like my blog- www.technicalistehnical.com. So how should be your domain name? It should be simpler as possible, easy to ready, easy type, and always easy to remember. People should remember for a long time so whenever they have something in mind they will type your domain name in google and come to your site.
Tricks for Buying a Cool Domain Name
- Ensure that you are buying an easy to read and short and sweet domain name
- It will be great if you are buying a .COM domain as it has higher visibility on the internet compare to others. .COM is universally accepted and most people trust such domains.
- Do not use numbers or special characters
- If you are planning for micro-niche always use the keyword eg- BestHostingSites.com (Micro Niche is something really new and people are making a lot of money by creating micro niche websites)
- You should buy the domain name from a renowned domain services provider
I have listed a few of the best domain provider in this guide on How to start blogging – If you buy through my link, I will get money for that and exactly how the blog monetization will also work for you.
Step 3- Buy a Superfast Hosting
If you have bought a cool domain name, let’s come to the next stage. This is a bit technical but I will make it easy for you. So what is a Hosting? – In really simple words- hosting is nothing but storage space in cloud where all of your website data is stored and monitored. Hosting is similar to the hard disk storage in the computer where we save data. In hosting all of our website files and folders are saved in a shared or dedicated cloud.
Tricks for buying Superfast Hosting
- Hosting plays a critical role in ranking. You should select a hosting that offers greater bandwidth so that the data exchange is super fast and there is no delay.
- Good hosting will not only increase your website loading speed but also offers greater readability.
- There is more than 1000 hosting provider available in the market but you need to select only the best. Based on my experience and research, I recommend you go with SiteGround.
Step 4- Setting up your blog with SiteGround
Follow the step by step guide for buying a domain and setting up hosting.
- Click on the SiteGround and select a suitable plan. I recommend you choose a startup plan as it is good for beginners to start with.
You can buy the domain and hosting both from here.
2. Enter the desired domain name you like to create a blog and hit proceed.
3. Fill out Account Details
Enter your email, password, basic details like name, address and all.
4. Enter Payment Details
You have to fill your credit/debit card details to buy domain and hosting
5. Check all Conditions and Pay.
Congratulations and welcome to the world of blogging!
Finally, you have bought your new domain and hosting account. Now you can start blogging.
Step 5 – Setting up WordPress Themes and Plugins
Now in our guide on How to start blogging, the time is to install WordPress. Again for those who don’t know anything about WordPress- it is Content Management System (CMS) that allows you to manage all your website content like web pages, blog posts, images, videos, themes, and plugins.
Installing WordPress is very easy, just follow the sets and you are all set to right your first post.
If you are using SiteGround, then this process is you and to those who are using other than SiteGround like Bluehost, hosting, GoDaddy the process will be similar with little bit changes but for a long term goal, I would surely recommend you guys to go with SiteGround as you may face difficulty in speed and website performance with other hosting providers.
So let’s start, next in How to start blogging- Setting up your SiteGround account
- Login to your SiteGround Account
2. Click on Start a new website and Choose WordPress
3. Once you click on WordPress, the software be loaded and enter your login details for completing the installation process.
Ensure that you are keeping your login credentials with you, better you save them on sticky notes for quick use. It will take a few minutes to finish the WordPress setup.
- Next click on the proceed button to go on customer area:
- Now, click on my account button on the menu and click installation:
- Go to Admin Panel to visit your new blog admin dashboard:
- You will redirect to your WordPress dashboard after that enter your login details which you choose during the installation and click on the login button:
4. Congratulations you have completed the WordPress setup.
Now, the next step is to install a beautiful responsive theme and few smart plugins to boost your site speed and improve site performance.
Step 6- Installing Themes and Plugins
Now in How to start blogging guide you have completed the WordPress installation, the time is to design your blog and for that, you would need a nice looking and fast loading theme.
Every one of us prefers some responsive, creative, clean and fast website. If your website is cluttered and not loading fast then it has no use.
Good design and responsive websites are more likely to get higher traffic and good rank in google search.
In WordPress, you will find a lot of free themes but all experts recommend not to go with a free theme but to buy your own theme. The reason being the free theme is easy to hack and you can lose all control from your blog. Hence it is better to get a cool theme you can go to the below link to see some nice theme, it is similar to the play store or app store.
Which is the best theme for me?
If you are looking for a superfast website then you can go with a theme called GeneratePress. It is the lightest theme available under 50kb. It has a simple design and provider’s superfast experience for your readers.
What to look for before buying a theme?
- It is lightweight
- It is easy to use
- It is compatible with the latest version of WP
- It is responsive
- The developer provides 24×7 support
How to Install a New Theme?
It is very easy to install a new theme, follow the steps.
- If you have bought a theme, download the theme folder.
- Log in and go to your WordPress Dashboard ➡ Appearance ➡ Themes
- In the themes section, Click on the upload theme and upload your theme zip and click activate.
- Your theme will be installed, read the documents that come with the theme for any other modification in design and layout.
- For further customization to the theme, click on appearance ➡ customizes, and now you can able to customize your theme.
- If you find any difficulty contact the theme creator, they will definitely help you.
Which Basic Plugin to Install?
For the smooth operation of your website, you would need some basic plugins. I would suggest going with the following plugin so that you will not face the problem. I am suggesting plugins for SEO, Image optimization, Analytics Web Design, and Speed improvement.
For SEO- On-Page and Off-Page Optimization
- Yost SEO
For Web Design- Layout and Designing
- Thrive Architect
For Improving Website Loading Time
- Auto optimize
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Rocket
For Image Optimization
- Smush PRO
- Resmush it
For Collecting Emails
- Thrive Leads
For Creating Forms
- Contact form 7
- WP forms
For Backup and Restore
- Updraft Plus
If you are looking for a professional blog and making a lot of money from blogs only, then you have to make a few investments in following
- Domain Name
How to Install Plugins?
In How to start blogging, next we will see installing plugins,
- Go to your WordPress dashboard
- Then go to Plugins → Add New
- Then type a plugin name you want to install or
- Upload your plugin zip file and click on the “install now” button.
- After installing, click on the “activate button”
- Start configuring the plugin as per your need for any support contact the plugin creator.
Step 7- How to Write Your First Post (Tips and Tricks)
Boom!!! Now we came to the point, it was so lengthy right. Guys the way to success is always difficult but we have to go through it so that we can understand what we are doing and for what.
Let’s come to the final step of How to Start Blogging. I hope you have made all set up and ready to write and publish your first blog post.
Tips and Tricks of Writing a Blog
- If you have not chosen a topic to write on, let me help you to deal with that, so let’s get back to the first step- Select a Niche.
- You have to write an article of at least 600 words related to your niche.
- Make some research on the area you want to write on.
- Before directly selecting a topic and blog title make keyword research.
- Keyword research is essential to know the potential of your blog for ranking.
- Ensure that you are doing keyword research for every blog you are writing.
- So how to do keyword research? You can use SEMrush for finding the potential volume and keyword difficulty. (Tip- Always use a long-tail keyword like- How to write a blog in 5 minutes)
- Always choose a keyword that has more volume and less competition or difficulty to rank,
- Before writing research at least 2-3 blogs on the same keyword, note a few things like, how many words they have written, which images they have used, any trick they are following.
- Now you are all set to write and publish your blog.
How to Publish my First Blog on WordPress?
Again, this is also simple, here we go
- Go to: Dashboard → Post → Add New
- Paste your content
- Arrange the content as you need
- Add a featured image
- Give a Fancy Heading
- Put your SEO keyword, Meta Description, URL, Category, etc
- All Set, Hit Publish
Bonus- Free Blog Monetization Tips
Something is left in our How to start blogging steps, so what all you do is for making money right. So you should definitely know about how to make money from blogging. I will guide you through this bonus chapter on blog monetization.
There are several ways to make money from a blog like ads, affiliate, sponsored ads, offerings, eBook
Earning Money through Advertisements
It is one of the most common methods to earn money. You can earn money by placing ads from google to your blogs. The platform is called AdSense. To those who docent know anything about AdSense- It is google programs for showing advertisements where google allows you to put google ads on your post and then if anyone clicks google pays you for that. There is one more platform available for ads which are called as Media.net
Earning Money through Affiliates
Affiliate marketing is something that is gaining a lot of attention these days, the companies are offering almost 20 to 30 % of the product price with affiliate marketing. In this program, you get a commission if the user buys through your link.
If you want to learn affiliate marketing you better take this suggested courses
- Affiliate Marketing Training: Modern Tactics & Strategies
- Amazon Affiliate Marketing Blueprint
- Step By Step Affiliate Marketing Formula
- Amazon Affiliate Marketing Course: From ZERO to HERO
Earning Money by Offering Services
If you are pro in something then you can showcase your expertise. The reader will turn into your buyer. This is one of the exclusive ways to make money without many efforts.
Earning Money by selling a product
In this program, all you need to do is create a course or an ebook that is not be available to people easily. But before doing this you must develop trust amongst the reader so that they can buy your product and promote it for you.
We have seen some of the methods you can use to monetize your blog. Let us Conclude the blueprint here. For more information, you can always come back to this site and for any question visit the FAQ on how to start blogging and earn money below.
I want to say thank you for reading this step by step blueprint on How to Start Blogging. Congratulations to those who are thinking to start a blog after reading this blueprint on How to start blogging and I also congratulate those who have already set up their blogs and started earning money.
With that, please drop your comment below and do like us on our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels. I hope you like this guide on How to start blogging.
Keep Reading, Keep Writing and Keep Earning.
If you like this please share these 7 easy steps on How to start blogging to yours near and dear. You can also take the course on the essentials of blog writing.
FAQ- Starting and Monetizing a Blog
What is a Niche?
A niche is an exclusive topic that you will be writing mostly. For example, traveling as a niche- In this niche, you will be dedicatedly writing about traveling in detail.
How to Choose a Niche?
Selecting a profitable niche is so crucial step when you start blogging. You must find a niche that can be easily monetized or in simpler words, you can make money out of it. Niche blogs are special in nature and hence chances of being ranked higher are more.
How much money is required to start a blog?
You can start with as low as 3-4 $ per month. You can buy both domains and hosting from Siteground. The steps are already discussed in the blog.
Where to buy Domain?
There are so many options available you can buy it from SiteGround, Domain.com, and GoDaddy.com
Can I use free themes and Plugins?
You can definitely use free theme and plugins but this is not recommended due to security threats. Always buy a theme, never used null or cracked themes. It will affect your website and google may ban your website.
Thanks for spending time reading this guide on How to start blogging. For any other question please ask in the below comment section, I am happy to help you.
Editorial Staff at Technical is Technical is a team of tech writers. Our aim is to make technical pieces of stuff easier for our tech and non-tech readers. We cover tech news, smart gadgets, and emerging technologies.